Monday, March 21, 2022

1st Writing Project - Revealed

 Hello everyone and Happy Monday and also Happy Spring 2022! 

Yesterday we took a shallow dive into the subject of "The Muse" and now that we have started on this daily blogging journey together you and I, I want to take some time to announce my first writing project that I have begun working on, give you a little background and then maybe...just maybe I can give monthly updates on the project until it is completed. 

I have written a Philosophy book in the past as well as an essay collection (they will eventually be linked to the blog) and we will talk about those at a later time, but this is my first foray into the novel writing department and I wanted to give everyone a little taste as to what the project is...and maybe I can think about giving a sneak peak when the time comes. 

The first book I am writing right now is currently titled 2101 and it is an Orwell-inspired future dystopian novel, where much like in 1984 the world that the main character knows is one that had been taken over by "The Party" and was spreading what could be seen as an exacerbated form of Soviet Communism in the Post-WW2 era, my book is taking some of the similar style of ideas, but of course blowing up many of the modern tropes and looks at what life would be like if Big Data controlled the world through a massive merger during the late 21st century and the state of affairs in a technologically advanced society where everyone is essentially controlled by Big Data to keep their grip on the world holding strong. 

I have finished so far the first chapter of the book and I am currently working on the second chapter, character development and trying to build the world in the present day, as I will be willing to admit here, character development is not my strongest attribute, but I did a lot of history and scene setting in the first chapter that a few people I have read it off too have said it is really good.

Creative people do not often like to toot their own horns for fear of backlash or being made to look vein, but I too think it is rather good, but good because my mind still deeply flows with ideas. I think when you are creating something through a certain level of inspiration, it is only as good as the flow of ideas. Even if it seems at times like the ideas can be random, there is always a way to piece everything together in order to form a story. I have always been someone who enjoys telling my stories and so here we are now, me telling a story that I am completely conceiving of based on the most recent book that I read.

This is the first time in a long time that I honestly feel the ideas flowing, and I really do not want to let that all go to waste just being ideas. I plan to get the book past the 5k word mark today in order to really get the story rolling and help to prepare me for my first Camp NaNoWriMo experience that begins April 1st, 2022. I will be talking about that as we approach the date.

Taking things one day at a time is the best way to live and it is the way that I find my story unfolding. I hope you all have a great day and a great start to Spring 2022 as WINTER IS OVER!

See you all again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Site Coming

 Hello everyone and welcome back to the blog!  This is the final post on this site since Blogger sites are rather hard to share all over the...