Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Trying to get into Writing Habits

 Hello everyone and welcome back to the blog. Today I just want to start a short conversation about how it is that I am trying to get into the habit of writing every, single day. 

I think one of the first things about getting into a habit is to do it every day and I try to start my day off by getting around to the writing (today being an exception due to something I had going on this morning). I just think that my brain is the freshest when I can get it rolling right away...coffee, breakfast and writing. That way as well, especially when I am writing for myself, it does not get in the way of the rest of the day if I knock it out first thing.

The other thing that really helps is making sure that I have everything open that I need for when I am writing. A content calendar, which I have physically written in a journal next to me as a type this, is key so that there is a version of myself in the past that thought out all of the posts that I would make, and then day of, I can warm myself up to writing but typing out a blog post, journal and then eventually work on my novel for a little bit.

All of these things are key, timing, not skipping a day when you do not need to and just simply working your day around whatever you have to do since writing can always be done as well as adhering to a proper sleep schedule and getting some exercise in the process too such as the mid-day walks that I like to grab since at this time of year the best weather is in the middle of the day. That may change in a few months time, but for now this is my March 2022 writing habit building process!

See you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Site Coming

 Hello everyone and welcome back to the blog!  This is the final post on this site since Blogger sites are rather hard to share all over the...