Thursday, March 31, 2022

Camp NaNoWriMo April 2022 - Preparation

 Hello everyone and welcome back to the blog! Today I want to talk a little bit about the preparation that I have had underway for Camp NaNoWriMo April 2022! This is going to be my first one, and I want to try to explain the camp as best I can and then talk about what exactly I have done to prepare for it.

NaNoWriMo is the National Novel Writing Month and it takes place in November of every year. The organization NaNoWriMo runs that event on their website and really it is all about getting yourself into writing and it is all about honour system, self-reporting. The main event in November is to start a brand new piece of work (usually) and starting from scratch, try to write 50,000 words in the month which usually averages out to about 1,667 words per day. 

They also run these smaller "Camps" twice a year in April and July where you can work on any project and even prepare yourself for the larger event in November. 

For me what this turns into is me working on 2101 and preparing for April 2022 Camp NaNoWriMo by putting an additional 10-15k words into my book in order to have the story already well started for when the month starts. I am also trying to add 50,000 words into the book by the end of April 2022. This will in my opinion really get the book on the way towards being completed. Somewhere between 60-70k words should be where I find myself after the month is over and it will be one hell of a nice effort.

By the time I get to July 2022, I think I would either want to work on the same project and get it right to the end by August 2022, or if I can manage to finish the book before July 2022 camp, then I can work on another project that I have waiting in the winds. 

Just thought I would let everyone know what the process has been like and I have now finished the first three chapters of the book which really helps to create the world of 2101. I will talk more about that book in a future entry soon!

See you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Site Coming

 Hello everyone and welcome back to the blog!  This is the final post on this site since Blogger sites are rather hard to share all over the...